Promptin’ Circumstance, Inc., Not Just A Clever Name!
Dave Brecher started Promptin’ Circumstance in 2007 with a single computer, a BNC cable and a company name he thought would make his Dad laugh (Spoiler alert: it did). Prior to that, he had nearly a decade of “in the trenches” prompter experience. Amongst literally thousands of “gigs,” his work included: unauthorized run and gun videos in weird New York hotel rooms, panicked dot com bust stockholder meetings with flop sweating CEOs of failing conglomerates, and touring the planet with some of the world’s musical luminaries as their trusty “prompter magician.”
All the while, Dave paid rapt attention to the changing attitudes toward technology in production and he noticed that no prompter company used modern laptops; lighter, more versatile gear; or operators that weren’t weird or grumpy.
Over a decade later and by using only the best gear the industry has to offer and the quickest, sharpest, non-grumpy / weird- in-a-good-way operators Promptin’ Circumstance has become known the world over as one of the most trusted and prestigious Teleprompting companies in both New York and L.A. We’ve traveled to 6 continents, (we’ll get there soon, Antarctica, and we’ll pronounce it correctly!), hundreds of countries, nearly every state in the union, prompted tens of thousands of combined hours of world altering text and did it all without breaking a sweat (except on the load outs, which we help with).
Our name may make Dads everywhere chuckle, but when clients hear it, they know they’re in good hands.
…That’s How We Scroll…
Prestige In Prompting
We only hire operators who not only know their ways around sets and various gear, but who also pass our stringent personality tests.
We keep all of our gear current and reliable. Everything leaves our Headquarters tested, certified and backed by an experienced onsite/offsite technical team.
We've Done It All.
At Promptin’ HQ, we’re always experimenting with new Tech. We’ll make teleprompting magic happen however and whenever you need it to.
ROCK AND ROLL PROMPTING
- The Music of David Bowie – Carnegie Hall and Radio City Music Hall
- John Lennon’s 75th Birthday Tribute – Madison Square Garden
- Bette Midler: Kiss my Brass, The Showgirl Must Go On, Divine Intervention
- The Met Ball Afterparty Featuring Lady Gaga
- “Dear Jerry” (Tribute to Jerry Garcia at Merriweather Post Pavilion)
- We Are Family Foundation Feat: Bono
- Solid Sound Festival
- Bon Jovi
- Diana Ross
- Barbra Streisand
- Rick Ross
- Josh Groban
- Michael Jackson: This Is It (No, seriously! Look for us in the Documentary!)
- X Japan
- Neil Diamond
- Shania Twain (West Coast)
- The Rascals
- Constant Touring
- “Watch What Happens Live” (Bravo)
- “Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon” (NBC) – All those Viral Videos? Yeah… That was us!
- “Westminster Dog Show” (Fox Sports)
- Pete Davidson SMH Live (Comedy Central)
- “SNL Weekend Update (RNC and DNC edition)
- NY / NJ / Miami / Potomac Real Housewives Reunion Shows (Bravo)
- Comicon Coverage (Spike TV)
- E3 Coverage (Spike TV)
- The Jim Norton Show
- “America’s Got Talent with Howard Stern” (NBC)
- “Tekai’s Take on YouTube”
- NBC’S Education Nation
- “Nickelodeon’s World Wide Day Of Play”
- “Best Week Ever (VH1)”
- “Woodies” (MTV 2)
- Jerry Seinfeld’s “Marriage Ref”(NBC)
- A Conversation with President Obama (MTV, CMT, BET)
- “Nova Science Now” (PBS)
- Youtube Orchestra @ Carnegie Hall (Live Stream)
- “Spectacle: Elvis Costello With…”
- Season 1 & 2 (Sundance Channel)
- “Fashion Queens” (Bravo)
CORPORATE / LIVE PROMPTING / MISC. PROMPTING
- Samsung CES (We were called in after another company did this… We’re the fixers.
- Glamour Women Of the Year
- Hilary Clinton Presidential Campaign Announcement
- Turner Upfronts (9 Years in a Row)
- Clio Awards
- Bank of America
- Art Not War
- Time 100
- First Lady Michelle Obama, DSCC
- Autism Speaks
- Sony Upfronts
- TIAA / CREF
- ESPN Desportes Upfronts
- The Angel Ball
- Queensboro State of the Borough Address
- Casio Watches
- Verizon Wireless
- The Good Fight (feat. President Obama)
- Google / Youtube
- Morgan Stanley
- American Express